- "AND God stepped out on space,
And He looked around and said,
"I'm lonely --
I'll make me a world."
- And far as the eye of God could see
Darkness covered everything,
Blacker than a hundred midnights
Down in a cypress swamp..."
~~ THE CREATION by: James Weldon Johnson (1871-1938)
Things I take away from these two stanzas:
- The darker (heavier) motions and ways of being lights the spaces in which creation occurs. There is generally, for me, no space for creation when I am joyous and self absorbed.
- The moment get an idea of a new possibility there is instantly and thought and doubt of that idea being possible
- Everyone needs a point of reference - a world outside one's self.