For All Points-Of-The-View.
CALL TO ACTION !! WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1ST 6:00 pm
This is a urgent reminder to please come and join us Wednesday evening for a town hall meeting, focusing on the impact of state budget and Medicaid cuts on communities of color.
The town hall will feature panelist from a broad cross-section of areas including – healthcare advocates, legislators, clergy, medical and service providers, and impacted individuals with the goal to demonstrate the impact of budget and Medicaid cuts. Help move public understanding regarding the impact these cuts are having particularly on communities of color.
What: Impact of the State Budget and Medicaid Cuts on Communities of Color
When: Wednesday, August 1st at 6:00 – 7:30 pm.
Where: Chicago Urban League, 4510 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60653
· Representative Esther Golar (D - Chicago), 6th District
· Senator William Delgado (D -Chicago), 2nd District
· Dr. Lisa Henry-Reid, Chair of the Division of Adolescent Medicine and Young Adult Medicine, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
· Barbara Tate, Medicaid Recipient Impacted by the Budget Cuts
· Sylvia Puente, Executive Director, Latino Policy Forum
· Donald Dew, Co-Chair of the Black Executive Directors Network
· Kathy Chan, Associate Director & Director of Policy and Advocacy, Illinois Maternal and Child Health Coalition
· Rev. Booker Vance, Southsiders Organizing for Unity and Liberation (SOUL)
Questions? Contact Ramon Gardenhire at (312) 334-0928 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Government Relations
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Direct: (312) 334-0928
Mobile: (301) 379-3024
Fax: (312) 922-2916
Roderick K. Hawkins
Vice President of External Affairs
Chicago Urban League
4510 S. Michigan Avenue | Chicago, IL 60653
Office 773.451.3536 | Fax 773.285.8034